MICHIGAN COUNCIL FOR
MCPP Board of Directors Meeting Minutes September 2021
9/19/21 9:00 a.m.
Present: Jerry Brandell, Eve Avrin, Liam Faulkner, Meriam Goldstein, Lisa Larson, Michele Rivette, Elizabeth Waiess, Karen Weber, Peter Wood, Linda Young,
Approval of Minutes for last meeting (May 23, 2021)
The May minutes were approved with some typographical changes.
Peter Wood moved that the Board post minutes which reflect the Board motions and the outcomes of the motions. These will be the public record posted to the web site. Linda Young seconded the motion. Motion passed.
President: Jerry Brandell
1. The Board unanimously approved the transfer of financial signing authority to incoming president, Jerry Brandell.
2. The Board approved (ex post facto) additional monies ($160) paid to DezignSeed for web site upgrade during the summer in between Board meetings.
3. Jerry Brandell moved that the Board grant any sitting president the power to make discretionary outlays of funds (to a maximum of $400) to be used in cases where a swift financial transaction needs to be made. Beth Waiess seconded the motion. Monies would be drawn from the general fund and reported to the Treasurer. The motion passed.
President-Elect: (currently vacant) No report.
Past President: Peter Wood clarified the tasks needing secretarial help, suggesting that special projects rather than ongoing tasks are where secretarial help is most needed. The Board approved of this change.
Treasurer: Eve Avrin reported on our current financial status after a quiet financial summer:
Our net worth is $83,150
Schwab account: 66,205.55
Eve proposed to the Board that the Paypal account be closed since it is no longer used on the website. Money now collected for classes and events are transferred to our checking account via the Wild Apricot platform. We pay Wild Apricot a monthly fee, but there is no charge to transfer funds.
She notes that it should be standard procedure to receive an invoice at the end of each month for secretarial services.
Programs VP: David Freiband – no report
Membership: Linda Young
1. Committee structure – Linda has appointed Lisa as co-chair of the Membershgip Committee. The Board approves this change.
2. Linda proposed that those wishing to become members mid-year be offered a pro-rated fee for the first year, then be charged the standard yearly fee in subsequent years. The membership year begins January 1. Lisa Larson moved that his be the policy, Jerry Brandell seconded, motion was passed.
Education and Training: (Currently vacant) no report
Certification: (Currently vacant) no report
Website: Karen Weber
Karen reported that minor glitches are still being worked out, but that the new website is up and functioning well. To protect the integrity of CE credits, certificates will be sent out manually, as is done through the Chicago Center for Psychoanalysis’ website, upon which ours is loosely modeled. That will typically be done within 24 hours.
Shil Sengupta, Liam Faulkner; Michele Rivette; Beth Waiess; Lisa Larson; Karen Weber
Review of pending by-laws revisions - Laid over until the next meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:30 a.m.
Respectfully submitted, Peter Wood