MICHIGAN COUNCIL FOR
MCPP Board of Directors Meeting Minutes September 2015
Ann Arbor, MI
September 20, 2015
Present: Sonya Freiband, David Klein, Michael Rudy, Ralph Hutchison, Lisa Larson, Robert Hooberman, Marilyn Frye, Maryanne Beltzman, Peter Wood, Alice Michael
1. Secretary: A. Michael
The minutes of the meeting of May 2015 were approved.
2. President: S. Freiband
Aims for the 2 years of her Presidency:
3. President Elect: vacant
4. Past President: D. Klein
D. Burgermeister asked Klein to distribute information and request a budget approval from the Board to fund the publication of the MCPP Bulletin. Motion “to approve the budget for the Bulletin of $2500.” Motion passed. Brief discussion of its ongoing importance to the organization.
5. Treasurer: M Rudy
- Updates about current state of the budget and financial profile of the organization
- Expenses and cash flow statements: generally solid
- Sept - Aug fiscal year profile
- Hooberman: St Joes next year would be at no cost for room use (food costs only).
- Update on the missing checks issue, which were found, and plans to address these issue within the organization and how to acknowledge this with those whose checks were lost. Board expressed support of and appreciation to Rudy.
- MPF fundraising letter as an example of things our foundation may want to consider.
- Question of $300 to IFPE (International Forum for Psychoanalytic Education). Benefit of affiliation with the organization discussed and tabled as in need of further consideration.
- Process of updating our name change with the bank.
- Purchase of a HGMI/VGA adaptor for the presentations.
6. Membership: Lisa Larson
- Updates plans for upcoming event on October 4th from 10:30am -1pm
- 2 papers being presented by recent graduates.
- CEUs for social workers, advertising has been robust
- Membership considerations: “what do I get for my membership”and need to organize ourselves about this question and its answers.
- Vote: “Request for approval for budgetary approval for $500-700 for student presentation conference.” Approved by the board.
5. Education and Training:
- Karin Ahbel-Rappe to teach basic concepts class this winter
- Wish to find someone to teach Psychopathology, Symptom Development & Assessment course for the spring
- L. Tenbusch is planning to teach in the winter - Wood to follow up on details for this.
- Rental of $250 for office space for the Basic Concepts course raised for vote, approved by the Board.
6. Programs: David Freiband
- Brief presentation of the overview of the Programs for this year, and minor changes (eg, amount of food at venues) at this time.
7. Certification: Liberman
8. Candidate Representative: Rudy
9. Committee Reports:
501(c)3: Reena Liberman
Membership: Lisa Larson - presented above
Visiting Professor: Robert Hooberman
Professional and Community Development: (vacant)
Website: Reena Liberman
Elections: Marybeth Atwell
CEUs: Marybeth Atwell (interim)
Accreditation: Karen Baker
Registrar: Rebecca Hatton
Bulletin: Diane Burgermeister
Newsletter: Lisa Larson
Gender and Diversity: Ellen Toronto
Parliamentarian and Bylaws: Elizabeth Waiess
Ombudsperson: Lynne Tenbusch
Marilyn Frye Robert Hooberman
Ralph Hutchison Lisa Larson
Old Business/ New Business: None.
Meeting adjourned at 10:30 am.
NOTES respectfully submitted by Alice Michael, board secretary.
Note: it is MCPP policy that Board meetings are open to all MCPP members. Priority is given to Board members to address issues, but all MCPP members may speak at meetings, time permitting.