MICHIGAN COUNCIL FOR
MCPP Board of Directors Meeting Minutes November 2011
East Lansing, Michigan
November 13, 2011
Present, MPC Board members: S. Freiband, M. Frye, R. Hutchison, D. Klein, M. Meisels, L. Pierce, M. Rudy, E. Waiess, P. Wood,
1. The minutes of the meeting of October 23, 2011 were approved unanimously.
2. Treasurer (Michael Rudy)
2. President (Elizabeth Waiess)
3. Past President’ (Murray Meisels)
4. President Elect – No report.
5. Education and Training – No report
6. Programs – No report
7. Certification – no report
8. Committee Reports
- Discussion of directories—the electronic directory and how long to maintain the hard copy version. The latter costs about $2K, and is likely to go up. The paper version is ready to go out for this year. There are issues about whom the directory should be accessible to. The sense of the meeting: continue using the paper directory for the next year.
- Using Google to pay for memberships incurs a small transaction fee. There is thought of increasing the membership dues to cover this; a proposal would come to the board. Wood indicated that membership fees have never been raised, and suggested that they be raised. No action was taken on this suggestion.
- Beginning next year we will have a book review editor, Bob Cohen.
9. The meeting was adjourned.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Marilyn Frye, board secretary.
Note: it is MPC policy that Board meetings are open to all MPC members. Priority is given to Board members to address issues, but all MPC members may speak at meetings, time permitting.