MICHIGAN COUNCIL FOR
MCPP Board of Directors Meeting Minutes May 2010
East Lansing, Michigan
May 16, 2010
MPC Executive Board members: M. Anderson, A. Brickman, S. Freiband, D. Gartland, R. Hutchison, B. Lepisto, P. Orosan-Weine, M. Meisels, B. Waiess, P. Wood
MPC Members, Committee Chairs and Representatives: L. Pierce, I. Schaer
I. Secretary’s Report – Diane Gartland
- The minutes for March and April 2010 were approved by the Board.
II. Treasurer’s Report – Murray Meisels for Mary Ann Stirling-Doherty
- Current MPC assets are: Operating fund - $23,012.98, Anne Cunningham Library Fund - $3753.05, Development Fund - $35,210.70 for a total of $61,976.73.
III. President’s Report – Murray Meisels
- Peter Wood and Laura Pierce will conduct exit interviews for those leaving office, not renewing membership, candidates withdrawing from candidacy and analysts not renewing certification.
IV. Past President - Brenda Lepisto
- The past president discussed the Sophie L. Lovinger Memorial Fund and the Sophie L. Lovinger Memorial Lecture Series. The paperwork for the 501 3c is being completed for the establishment of the Fund as a freestanding, non-profit foundation.
V. President Elect - Beth Waiess
- Discussed the Div 39 Psychoanalysis Brochures to be provided for informational purposes.
VI. VP for Education and Training Report - Peter Wood
- Suggested that the effectiveness of our advertising be evaluated
- Discussed the teacher forum
- A discussion ensued regarding requirements for the Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy program
VII. VP for Programs Report - Murray Meisels for Jean Wixom
- A discussion ensued regarding whether to continue to use the Ann Arbor City Club for monthly programs and it was decided that the use of the site be continued.
VIII. VP for Certification Report - Pamela Orosan-Weine
A motion was made and carried with 8 in favor and 3 against that all certificates issued by MPC read as follows: "The Michigan Psychoanalytic Council attests that (Name) is certified in the theory and practice of (Name of Program) (Date)"
- Discussed candidate progress reports
- Discussed inactive candidate policy
VII. Retreat - Sonya Freiband
-Discussed the schedule of events. There are 27 people registered so far.
VIII. Distance Learning - Reena Liberman - No report
IX. Website - No report
X. Membership - Laura Pierce - No report
XI. Elections - Marybeth Atwell
- Marybeth Atwell will be the ADA coordinator of the organization in order to satisfy a requirement for the SW CEU program.
A motion was made and carried to secure CE credits from the Association of Play Therapy for MPC programs related to children
XII. Newsletter - Sheila Wasung
A motion was made and carried to increase the budget for the newsletter to $1000.
Diane M. Gartland Psy.D.