MICHIGAN COUNCIL FOR
MCPP Board of Directors Meeting Minutes March 2010
Ann Arbor City Club
Ann Arbor, Michigan
March 14, 2010
MPC Executive Board members: M. Anderson, A. Brickman, S. Freiband, D. Gartland, R. Hutchison, B. Klein, B. Lepisto, P. Orosan-Weine, M. Meisels, B. Waiess, J. Wixom, P. Wood
MPC Members, Committee Chairs and Representatives: D. Drayson, L. Pierce, I. Schaer
I. Secretary’s Report – Diane Gartland
- Minutes from the February 2010 meeting was approved with corrections.
II. Treasurer’s Report – Murray Meisels for Mary Ann Stirling-Doherty
- Current MPC assets are: Operating fund - $24,614.31, Anne Cunningham Library Fund - $3753.05, Development Fund - $33,663.49 for a total of $62,030.45.
- A check will be issued for membership renewal in the International Forum for Psychoanalytic Education.
III. President’s Report – Murray Meisels
A motion was made and passed that non board members may participate in discussions, but priority will be given to board members.
IV. Past President - Brenda Lepisto
- Discussed email exchange with MPC analysts
V. VP for Education and Training Report - Peter Wood
- Adult Analysis Program
- Child Analysis Program
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Program
VI. VP for Programs Report - Jean Wixom
- Discussed the relationship with MPI and other analytic organizations regarding the announcement of conferences.
- There is one program opening for a presentation for May 2011.
VII. VP for Certification Report - Pamela Orosan-Weine
- There is no need for $250 for certificates for those certified this year. She has found an alternative strategy.
VII. Retreat - Sonya Freiband
VIII. Distance Learning - There is a plan to discuss distance learning further at the retreat.
IX. Membership - Laura Pierce
X. Elections - Marybeth Atwell
XI. Program CEU - Peter Wood - There is a need for an ADA person for CEUs for NASW
XI. Old Business - Dr. Meisels reviewed his handout regarding Parliamentary Procedure
Diane M. Gartland Psy.D.